Citywide Baptist is not your ‘average’ church.
We have three distinct congregations across two Hobart sites, each all with unique cultures and history (one of which is Nepalese), with one additional rural congregation that we have yet to formally adopt but are supporting. Between the four congregations we would say that about 300 people are part of our church family, and about half of those are “members”, with the right to vote on major church decisions. In addition to those people, we have an emerging “congregation” of between 50 and 150 people who are regularly connected through our online service, reflections and podcasts.
Over the next three years, we want to focus on:
- Strengthening our experience of worship so Jesus has his right place in our lives and church;
- Deepening our sense of community and fellowship;
- Equipping and releasing our people to step into their callings; and
- Developing our online presence to support smaller churches and anyone who is searching for hope.
We are seeking an executive pastor to provide four primary functions:
- Manage the systems that help us ensure we stay in touch with all our people, and also keep our people safe and our activities compliant with all relevant legislation.
- Support both our Worship and Tech teams to lift the overall quality of what we are able to share between sites and deliver online, and reduce the stress on these teams.
- Support our formal and informal Life Groups, which promote the core faith-community growth objective, (including Kids, Youth, Young Adults, Kingdom Cells and a range of other demographic groups) so they increasingly help our people Follow, Bless and Share.
- Support the connection between the Nepali congregation and the Australian congregations, and facilitate the ongoing journey towards truly being one church.
If you believe you have the skills, experience and vision to join us and, more importantly, sense Jesus calling you into this area of ministry, please give this opportunity prayerful consideration.
This position will be remunerated in accordance with Tasmanian Baptist guidelines for an initial contract period of five years.
A recruitment information pack including full position description, employment criteria and information about the church is available by emailing email@example.com
You can find more information about our church at: